Sunday, October 10, 2010

Lesson in f/stop settings

I took this shot of country-fresh gourds right after getting out of the car, and didn't really check my camera settings. Home, I'm marveling at the very shallow depth of field...only a few are in sharp focus. Why? This was shot at a shutter speed of 1/800, f/4.5.

Because I can't imagine what would have caused me to select that combination of settings, I'm assuming I spun a dial without paying attention, and I certainly didn't check before I depressed the shutter.



Oh! Today is 10-10-10! How cool is that???? Look what time I posted!  :-D

8 comments:

  1. I don't recall giving permission for you to use my personal shooting method Val, I thought I was the only one that did that, Great result artistically for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one who does that!

    Happy 10-10-10 to you...today is my brother's birthday, now if only he were only 10! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the sharpness in the middle, I guess it was ment to ber that way. Scoring 10 five times out of five possible - did you join a lottery?

    ReplyDelete
  4. sometimes it's better to be lucky than good! And you've got the good part down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool image, it looks like the tawny colored ones are saying 'choose me!' Pretty amazing about those numbers and a happy accident is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It definitely pays to be lucky. Sometimes it works better than over thinking. Nice shot. I love the variety.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the soft focus around the edges. It looks sort of lensbabish. A very nice image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this shot! Great composition!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?