Saturday, January 23, 2010

Going Hog Wild

The mascot for the Ice Hogs hockey team performs a headstand during one of the breaks between periods.

Shot in RAW; increased the exposure to lighten it up. Played around with some noise reduction. Even at this high ISO, it wasn't too bad for an image that will only be viewed on a computer, not printed.

At first, I thought all the "blotches" on the wall were the result of a noisy image, but I realized it's from all the times the puck slams into the sideboards. I think my hockey-ignorance is showing!

Shutter: 1/250, f/6.3, ISO 1600, 270mm, Manual mode, RAW


5 comments:

  1. A fun shot, and another good job with the processing and handling the lighting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Val, what do you do to reduce or remove the noise? I am trying to work on my skill since I am always using higher ISOs to avoid the flash. This is pretty cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!! We in Arkansas know about Going Hog Wild!! You sure get some great shots with RAW and as I look at your posts, I think I need to do that. But, maybe since I am just getting off the Auto mode, I need more work first. My camera doesn't shoot RAW so I might need a new one!! LOL Anyway, you did good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it amazing what your new camera picks up, I am always noticing small details I didn't notice when I took the image! I love your head standing hog, really a fun character!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great series of ice shots Val ... they aren't easy and you did well with them.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?