Monday, November 23, 2009

Treasures


I was fortunate to have my grandparents until I was in my mid-40s. When my grandfather passed away, I asked for his large dictionary, a well-thumbed volume gifted to him from my grandmother before I was born. He instilled in me a love for wordplay - crossword puzzles, Scrabble, puns.

One keepsake from my grandmother is this lovely tea cup. As a child, I can remember her hosting bridge parties. We grandkids were shooed off to other areas of the house, and these special cups were brought out for her guests.

They may not hold much monetary value, but these heirlooms are priceless to me.

4 comments:

  1. I am sure each and every time you look at these items the memories come crashing through...isn't it great to have something tangible to connect you still with those you loved? Beautiful Val!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the top photograph. I know what you mean by treasures. It is the stories and connections that go with things that make them precious, not their monetary value.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful. This is one of the things you can be thankful for during this time of the year. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful treasures, how lucky to have had your grandparents for such a nice long time...

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?